domingo, 21 de noviembre de 2010

Attention to the environment


Every day, we watch in television or we read in newspaper that the environment is deteriorating. Some academic groups or scientific organize conferences about the increasing pollution and the carbon footprint. However, what we do for the environment?


I don´t do much for the environment, sometimes I forget to turned off the TV or lights. Other times, I leave running the water in the shower before of bath. But some people have an ecologic mind and they care for the environment. For example, my cousin Carolina studied ecotourism. In this career she learned the important of protecting the environment and nature. For this reason, when she goes to anywhere she doesn’t contaminate the place. My cousin puts all the papers and food containers in a bag. When she returns to home she throws the things in the garbage.


I think that education is the only way for learn to respect the environment. My cousin didn´t cared about nature, before she entered to study. Now, she always rides in bicycle and she incorporated the recycling in her life. In my case, I always travel in Transantiago bus or I go walking to near places. I haven´t incorporated the recycling habits, like my cousin. I never leave glass bottles or juice box in containers for recycling. I only try to throw the things that don´t serve in the trash.


I have never belonged to eco-organizations, unfortunaly I have not much time. But I would like because we must not be selfish and we have to worry about the environment. The man needs the resources of nature for survive. If we continued contaminating the water, air and land of the planet, we will destroy our lives.


We are responsible for the environment deterioration: the high emissions of carbon dioxide are the principal factor which caused global warming. This phenomenon causes the rise of earth temperature and the melting of the polar ice. Also, every year many animals die because they can´t adapt to these changes.

The people that live in the most polluted cities should worry about environment. For example, in Santiago we breathe polluted air and it is very damaging for health. In winter worsens the air quality and the government decrees to environmental emergency.

If the people more used bikes and if they sometimes leave your car at home, air quality would be better. But also is necessary that the big companies help in this mission because they are the principal generators of contaminate. They should compromise to emit less pollution.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario